FOG

FOG
pic by: Joel Hiljanen

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Interview 15.11.2011 with Leo (Lende) singer and guitarist from Face of God

1) Face of God, how you came up with the name?
Lende: The name is from one movie that is only for blind people and it has been in my head for many years. For some people god is: Music, Money, Family or the God from the Bible or what ever you feel to belive in. God is something that you can trust and that won´t leave you. My God is music and for me Face of God is great music and great bands.
2) Your songs have very crazy lyrics. What inspirit you to write such great songs?
Lende: The lyrics are coming from my life. They are my diary. I'm writing about everything that touches me.
3) The Band is excisting now about one year, how you guys found together?
Lende: I met Benjamin 5 years ago. In that time I was playing drums. I told Benjamin that someday I would like to sing and play guitar, he thought that I am insane and I would never do that, so he promised to play with me if I ever get that kind of a band, here we are. I met Orkku (Oscar, drummer of the band) also like 5 or 6 years ago. He played drums, so did I. He was broke up and he was selling his drums away. Always when he was selling something he called me. And when we started to play with Benjamin (bassist from Face of God) we started to look for drummers, then i remembered orkku, he was weird in a good way. Then we called him and i asked if he wanna try, it worked in the first time really well. And I wasn't afraid to sing when he was around.
4) To win the Yle X competition was a huge success, what are the plans for the future with Yle X? Did you liked it in the studio?
Lende: I don't know whats the plans with ylex, hopefully they play us more.
5) The EP Fire is out, what to expect from it? Any other EP´s planned in the closed future?
Lende: The Fire Ep was mixed by Perttu Kurtilla in the Seawolf Studios in Suomenlinna. We had a great time in there and Perttu is also a good friend of my. The EP includes 4 Tracks: Fire, Miracels, Elephant and Turn back the time. You defenitly should check those out, it is weird shit. The EP is avaiable from Studio Shop:  http://www.stupido.fi/shop/catalog.php?lang=fin&action=search&keywords=face+of+god and also from  Cyber Shop Kamppi/Helsinki and Tampere. Maybe a new EP is coming out in spring.
6) The Club in Bar Loose had an fantastic sound. Did you enjoyed it to play in there? Will there be any more live gigs in this year?
Lende: It was great and fun to play in there. It was our fourth time we performed in Bar Loose. We are producing our new songs '' Paranormal whore bomb'' and '' BAD '' in the studio and more gigs are plannend for 2012.
7) With such a progressive year lot of live gigs, Fire EP is selling welll and over 400 likes on Facebook, where the band see themselves in 12 months time?
Lende: I guess in 12 months time we will get a lot of new songs done and i hope that we will get better.
8)8) Any greetings you want to leave for the readers of the blog?
Lende: Thank you some much for listening us !

No comments:

Post a Comment